Sunday, November 14, 2010

Atlanta Purple Stride 2010

 We did it! We ran in our first 5k-- the Atlanta Purple Stride 2010. We ran in memory of my Uncle Craig and Jeremy's Grandfather Farist. Both close family members of ours who had Pancreatic Cancer. My uncle lost his short battle to the cancer in January 2010. & Jeremy's grandfather who passed away in 1997.

 The team ProSki was made up of 9 people- 6 runners and 3 walkers.. It was a chilly morning but we were all excited for the event. I could not be more grateful to my close friends who ran with me, Jeremy and my family. Their support means so much.


Team "ProSki"
It was an emotional day for me and my family. My mom and I cried as we posted Craig's photo on the Honor wall, and both of us cried multiple time throughout the event. I think the emotion was a mixture of sadness and happiness in celebrating/ honoring Craig. I noticed Dad a couple of times with red eyes, and could tell he was holding back the best he could.

Jeremy and I weren't quite able to run the entire thing, but we did our best-- running about 3/4 of the 5k and finishing in 40 mins.We crossed the finish line running and holding hands- then hugged and cried together. We can't wait to run it again next year, and hopefully be able to run every last step.

Miss and love you, Craig, so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment