Sunday, October 24, 2010

Before & After

I have completely redone my guest room. I changed the rooms, head board, painted the dresser, got new sheets,etc. Some of you saw the new room at my engagement party... but I have yet to post anything about it yet...

Recently, my parents gave me a headboard that they made awhile back for the lake cabin. I was excited to use it in the guest room vs. the willow one that was in there. The willow one is cool but not really the style I'm going for in the house.  I tried putting the new headboard in the room I had originally made the guest room, but it just didn't look right b/c it was to big and the orientation of the room just didn't work.... So I decided to move it into the other guest room, which is my fav room in the house b/c of the windows, and the room is bigger/longer than the other room. It worked perfect! Not to mention, the antiques my family has pasted down worked great with the new headboard in the room.

Before
After
 .... but the dresser needed something. It just didn't quite go with the other woods, and it was to shinny for my liking. I had always intended in refinishing it but couldnt figure out quite what I wanted to do with in until now...So I painted and distressed the to make the headboard and bought new pulls. I, of course, had to go get new sheets for the bed to match (luckily-- I already had a quilt that went perfect), stole a vase from my mom (thanks mom), and some floral stuff to go it in to finish off the room.  






No comments:

Post a Comment